faq обучение настройка
Текущее время: Сб окт 20, 2018 18:32

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: Networking Issues - Router Cascading?
СообщениеДобавлено: Вт авг 07, 2018 12:40 

I've been having some issues with my new network setup that I've been using for the past couple of months after I had my service upgraded.

I had previously been using a generic DSL Modem that had been provided to me by my ISP and a router (D-Link DIR-810L) for WiFi. When I upgraded my service, they sent me a new VDSL Modem (SmartRG 505N), which is a wireless Modem/Router combo, and recommended to me that I simply connect the two using an ethernet cable from the LAN port of the SmartRG to the WAN port of the D-Link. Both devices have a WiFi signal, but I prefer to use the one provided by the D-Link Router because the signal is stronger and can handle more bandwidth.

That setup, for the most part, worked as intended. I was able to connect my wireless devices to the D-Link Router without many issues. However during heavy network traffic, my connection would often drop for a few minutes at a time. Usually, I would need to power cycle both routers in order to get the connection back up.

There were also some instances where one of the WiFi signals would work while the others did not. For example, my D-Link Router is a dual-band router and provides both a 2.4GHz and 5GHz signal. Most of the time I use the 5GHz band, but it would occasionally drop and I would need to use the 2.4GHz band. It has been consistently the 5GHz band that I have been having issues with and I'm not sure why one would be an issue over the other.

After looking around online, I found a post that suggested the issue may be a result of conflicting IP addresses between the routers. I've tried to follow this guide, but I can't get any success with changing the IP address of the slave router (D-Link) without being unable to reacess the web configuration page.

Вернуться наверх

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа